You know, I was thinking about America and Americans today. If there was an invasion, a wide-spread attack of some sort, what would we do? Could the average citizen pick up a weapon and protect his family, his neighborhood, his city? They can in Israel.
Now, I don’t care whose “side” you’re on in regards to the political issues in the Middle East, you can’t deny that nearly every adult in Israel knows how to shoot, how to field strip a weapon, how to employ at least a semblance of military tactics if the need arises.
I happen to know Israelis who have scoffed at Americans and how we feel about the military, saying that we’d never allow mandatory military service in this country. That we’re weak, babies whining about being trained, doing drills, taking orders.
I agreed. Why should we? Israel has borders to protect, constant bomb threats, the smell of war in the air ALL THE TIME. We don’t have that problem. We don’t need to be that vigilant, that prepared. We don’t have enemies at the gate, pounding to get in.
Or do we?
Then I started thinking more about it, the whole idea of citizen militia, ready to fill in the gaps, ready to protect and serve, and I thought, “Wait a minute! That’s what I’m doing! I know a grip of people doing the same thing. We’re all training!”
We’re NOT lazy, whiny Americans unwilling to fight. I think that’s what “they” want us to think. “They” have fostered a climate where we sit around debating issues. “They” tell us we’re too intellectual to take up arms, and remind us that you can’t simultaneously cry out for peace while preparing for war, and you don’t need extended clips, you don’t need automatic weapons, you don’t need that Glock at your belt . . .
That’s right, “they” are our own government. They hype shootings and bombings and talk about how out of control people are, demand we give up our arms, want to restrict how many bullets we can buy at one time . . . why?
Why does our own government want us vulnerable, sitting ducks if you will? Why do they want us distracted by fun and entertainment while we’re stripped of our ability to defend out families?
There’s only one reason. They fear us. They fear we will rise up. They fear that the 10% needed to start a revolution will decide it’s time. They’ve actually sat around and weighed this issue. Seriously. They sat there and decided their fear of us is greater than our need as a country to be equipped and trained to defend it.
This isn’t an Obama issue (although that is some nice slight of hand they’ve done, getting everyone to bitch about the person with the least amount of power running the country). It’s not a Bush thing or Reagan thing, or even a Ford thing. It’s a puppet master thing, and those people don’t get elected every 4 years. It’s the men behind the curtain who fear us.
So what do we do? I know what I won’t do. I won’t give up my guns. I won’t give up training. I won’t sit back and trust a government who fears me to protect me.
So what can we do?
- Right now, like no other time in history, we have the capability to share information faster than it can be redacted. Don’t kill your Internet, USE it. Spread the word. Join Twitter and read alternative news sources. Follow Your Anon News.
- Buy guns and ammo. Lots of ammo. Shit, learn to make your own if you have to. Buy so many guns they can’t even begin to track them all.
- Learn to shoot your gun. And I don’t mean the minimum required to get a CCL. I mean combat shooting, active shooter scenarios, outdoor shooting, and PRACTICE.
- Learn to shoot a bow and arrow. That may be all we have left if we let them take our guns.
- Learn to use a knife effectively for more than cutting the food you shove in your mouths.
- Learn to grow food, and DO IT. If it’s illegal to grow food in your front yard, grow the veggies in back and fruit in front. Kill your lawn, it’s a waste of water. Potable water is the next oil!
- Learn to fight with your hands, a stick, a coat hanger, a business card, whatever you can get a hold of.
- Learn combat first aid, and have that equipment at home and in your car. Keep it with your gun!
- Catch rain water in barrels to water your gardens. Fuck GMO!
- Get some chickens for your backyard! They’re easy to take care of, make great pets, and free-range chicken eggs are yummy, not to mention all the free natural fertilizer you’d get.
- Teach your kids to do these things, too, including shooting. Better they’re allowed to use a gun under proper supervision than to have it a mystery they want to sneak and look at when no one’s watching, straight in the barrel.
- Download some survival books on to your tablet or laptop. There’s plenty of room for the other stuff, and you never know when you might need it.
- Collect seeds that will produce plants that produce seeds.
- Know your neighbors and your neighborhood. Each block should be a unit, your “beat”. Know who belongs and who doesn’t. Be nosy! It might save a life.
- Learn how to make an apple pie from scratch!
- Learn how to make a fire, LOL!
I’m not saying to turn into doomsday survivalist, just urban cowboys! Let’s take back our own power. Let’s make Monsanto obsolete. Make it impossible for them to take our weapons. Let’s start to protect our own, because they certainly won’t.
All we have to do is say no.